Friday, July 22, 2011

Baby D

That's what we're calling our mystery baby right now - Baby D.  Originally, I suggested 'Lil Smokey'.  Darin humored me for awhile, but it was short-lived.  In her 8th grade classroom, the girls refer to Darin as 'Ms. D'.  When they found out she was pregnant, the baby was naturally christened 'Baby D'...and it stuck.  Darin's class and her teaching team threw her a surprise shower toward the end of the school year.  Each girl gifted her favorite children's book - a great idea that was given especially high marks by my mom the librarian.  The girls wrote dedications at the beginning of the books, addressed to Baby D.  A few of my favorites:

From Bailey (Tacky the Penguin by Helen Lester)
"Dear Baby D, I hope you like this book!  It was one of my favorites when I was little.  I like this book because it lets you know that being yourself is not a bad thing (cheesy but true).  So I hope you like it, and maybe I'll get to meet you someday if your mom still teaches at SGS.  If you ever need help in math, ask her because she's really good at it."
From Ruby (Bunny Cakes by Rosemary Wells)
"I was a curious bunny just like Max!  I hope you have an amazing life with your wonderful mom:)  P.S. My name's Ruby:)"
So, Baby D it is.

Darin just passed the 35 week mark and everything is going great.  Other than my dad referring to her as 'The Whale' on a recently family vacation, she has had a relatively smooth pregnancy.  Let's hope it continues in the closing weeks!

While we don't know what the baby's gender is, OR what we're going to call him/her, one thing is certain...this baby will be smothered with love.  This is the first grandchild on either side of the family, so the grandmas-to-be are so excited, they are about to explode.

As we countdown toward the due date, we'll post some of our favorite memories of the last nine months P.B.D. (Pre Baby D).

(a)

No comments:

Post a Comment