Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Coronation Ceremony

The Dairy Farmers of Washington are one of the WIAA's title sponsors.  I work with the Washington State Dairy Ambassador to schedule awards presenters for each of our state championships.  The outgoing Ambassador is honored and new State Dairy Ambassador is crowned at the annual Coronation Ceremony.

I was invited to this year's event by the 2010-11 State Ambassador, Kristyn.  It was the first time I've attended the event, so I wasn't sure what to expect.  Darin was gracious enough to go along with me.

We sat in the far corner of the banquet room with a few folks that I know from the Dairy Products Commission.  Over the course of the evening, we watched nine hopeful county ambassadors battle it out for the crown.  At one point, everyone joined in a milk toast - Darin's favorite part of the evening...especially because they had chocolate milk.

Eventually, it was time for Kristyn to make her closing remarks.  At the end of her speech, she announced that she had one more person that she wanted to recognize, and the next thing I knew, Darin and I were being called up on stage.  By the look on Darin's face, I could tell that she was less than thrilled about being on display in front of the audience...which is understandable, considering she was 8 months pregnant at the time.

When we got up on stage, Kristyn thanked me for my help and support throughout the year, and presented us with a beautiful basket of baby gifts from the Dairy Women.  It was an incredibly unexpected, and incredibly generous gift.  Among other things, the basket was stocked with some adorable dairy-themed baby items.  Can't wait for Baby D to slip on those cow-print galoshes.

(a)

3 comments:

  1. That's so generous of Kristyn! I'll see if I can find some wellies with the british flag or a picture of Kate and Wills to add to the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being 8 months pregnant is the best time to be on display! I can only speculate. Post pregnant D pictures por favor. It's hard to pretend I'm there with you guys with no pictures of you. We're thinking and talking about you all the time. Love, Em

    ReplyDelete